The annual event that I’ve been waiting for – the Make Your Own Havaianas event. It’s the time of the year that I go crazy over flip flop...

Havaianas Takes You to Hawaii

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 Crizelda Santiago 0 Comments

 The annual event that I’ve been waiting for – the Make Your Own Havaianas event. It’s the time of the year that I go crazy over flip flops. Yes, I got all excited and giddy because I get to choose my own sole, strap and pins! It will be happening on May 7 – 10, 2015 in a wide range of places - but still the main event is in Glorietta Activity Center. Unlike before that they held it only in one place (last year it was on Glorietta Activity Center).  And this years’ theme is – Hawaii! I cannot think of a better theme for the summer.




Make Your Own Havainas is celebrating its 10th Year now. Too bad I missed the last seven events. I just started going to the #MYOH events just last 2013. And it’s the last time the event held in Rockwell Tent. The theme that time is IMAGINATION. So it’s kinda like space suits and astronauts thingy. But I didn't get the commemorative pair then. I got pink for the sole and stars for the pins.

 
The canvass bag comes with colored pens, I asked my brother to color and design this for me :)
Last year, I also attended, and thank the heavens above it is now in Glorietta! The theme last year is a tribute to Brazil. So a lot of vibrant colors are everywhere. I got a neon yellow and the flag of Brazil plus the rainbow heart for my pins.



And this year, I am really glad I've received a special invite prior to the regular #MYOH2015 schedules.



Really excited to be in this event, that’s why I booked the 10AM schedule but I went there around 11:30 AM. As per usual the event area is decorated with this year’s theme – Hawaii. So there are a lot of hibiscus, surf boards and sand? Just kidding. 
The stage is decorated with giant hibiscus


Some booths and waiting area



My shameless photo - I really dressed up for this event, see my skirt is Hawaiian inspired, agree?


There are still booths where you can choose which color of sole, strap and pins you are going to choose, but you can still practice here so that it won’t take you long to decide which colors and pins you are going to choose. But no matter how I practiced which design I will choose, I still have a lot of time deciding which color and pins I will get. The sole and strap are more of pastel colors which I opted because it easily gets dirt and dust. So I ended up with a navy blue sole, a light pink strap and 4 different kinds of pins. Unlike the previous years I tend to pair the pins. And I am glad that the assemblers are very accommodating even though it took me awhile to decide for my pair.

close up picture of my new pair, I really loved my pins!


There are props and backgrounds for you to capture your new pairs!


The pair I got costs me 1345 PHP. The slim sole and strap is 945 PHP while the pins are 100 PHP each. The Crystals costs 150 PHp each. Also the commemorative pair has a different price.  I totally forgot it's price.

Actual picture of the pins.


Havaianas is also having a contest and the winner/s will win a trip to HAWAII! How cool is that?
Here’s how to join:


You can check their website for more info. I am definitely joining, because, yes it is Hawaii and I will surely spend the best summer ever there! 

This pair will take me to Hawaii :)


So you know what to do, go get crazy over flip flops and go to the Make Your Own Havaianas near you!



0 comments :

Views