Last October 29 and 30, at Shangrii-La Plaza Mall, Grand Atrium, Mandaluyong City, Starbucks hosted another one of their traditions - the C...

Starbucks Philippines Christmas Grand Launch 2016 #SipsOfCheer

Thursday, November 03, 2016 Crizelda Santiago 0 Comments

Last October 29 and 30, at Shangrii-La Plaza Mall, Grand Atrium, Mandaluyong City, Starbucks hosted another one of their traditions - the Christmas Grand Launch.




I thought I wouldn’t be able to join this event since it was a super long weekend. But then I was hoping I would win one of those gorgeous planners especially the one with the mermaid tail, so I ended up going there all the way from the Province. 



I arrived in Shangri-La Mall around 1PM last Sunday. I thought people are gonna swarm over there so I expected a crowd. But to my surprise it wasn’t that bad. Also the registration is not a the usual one. The past two events I attended, you need to purchase a merchandise before you can go inside the event and join the activities. But this year, they only require you to present your membership info for the Starbucks card. For me this is so much better than the last two events. 



After presenting my information and registering my name and account number, the handed out the passport activity and the sticker card for the planner with one FREE sticker in it! This is the first time they did that! 




The cheer first station is a SELFIE Challenge. You have to pick-up a challenge inside a red box and you have to do it so that they can stamp your activity card. I picked the “Take a selfie with the giant red cup”. Very easy indeed, after that I posted it in Instagram and put the correct hashtags and presented it to the station guard and he stamped my card.







Because station 2 was full, I headed to cheer station 5. You will be given a sort of gift card and you would have to design it in whatever design you wanted. I remember the horrible ginger bread house I created last year LOL! But this year it’s a bit easier but still involves art skills! So I made mine with a simple design and dedicated it to my Grandfather who is now in heaven I know Christmas is also he’s favorite time of the year so this is the time I missed him the most. Anyways, I finished it and I thought there would be contest so imagine my relief when one of the barrister said that it’s mine already.





Then I proceeded in cheer station 4 where you will have the chance to taste of their Christmas blend coffee. Since I am not so much of a coffee lover, I almost cried when I tasted i because it was well bitter. But like what the Barista explained, the acidity of that coffee isn’t that strong I no my stomach didn’t react badly for that - thank goodness!





I lined up for the cheer station 3. It was a fun game of memory where you need to match two cards by flipping it. And only 3 turns are given with each player. Luckily I won on my second turn. They gave me a very cute mini apron! 





Then cheer station 2 is where you will have the chance to taste the new Santa Hat Dark Mocha Frappucino. Before I got there the baristas are making a picture with one of the participants also. Then I took their pictures, after that one of them said I should join them and take my picture too! Very nice people, and what a cool way to have my picture taken. I enjoyed the drink, it wasn’t too much coffee so I am very happy for it.




After completing my stamps, I then proceeded to the raffle booth. I asked if I needed to be in the venue when they picked my name in the raffle, one of the organizer said that it’s not necessary so another plus for that! Another thing there was a pick a prize booth. You will have to drop the coupon and then pick up a prize. I ended up having another red pen.


There are also a merchandise booth. Where you can buy their Christmas collection and also there are some items that are on sale.  












And another new thing they did which really makes me very happy? They showcased the new planners! So the participants can have a preview on them earlier than those who didn’t. I am convinced that I NEED THAT MERMAID PLANNER!  Although I didn’t collect last years planner, this year I wanted it so badly it hurts LOL!







I didn’t regret coming to this event, also I didn’t want to break my tradition so yes I will be joining again next year! Thank you Starbucks for hosting another great event and continuing a merry tradition.



0 comments :

Views