It feels like it's been ages since my boyfriend and I went out of town. So even though June isn't a tour friendly month because it&...

Bohol Getaway (Country Side Tour)

Sunday, August 28, 2016 Crizelda Santiago 0 Comments

It feels like it's been ages since my boyfriend and I went out of town. So even though June isn't a tour friendly month because it's the start of the rainy season, we still pushed through the travel. We were supposed to be with friends but we wanted to go to Bohol and they wanted to stay in Cebu.






We landed in Cebu airport at around 7 AM, we then took a cab going to Pier 1 where we will ride the RORO going to Tagbilaran Port. There was an 8 AM SuperCat going to Tagbilaran and we then bought a ticket (cost 500 each - one way). We got inside the Terminal and we need to pay 25 pesos each for the Terminal Fee. We chose the seats and after 20-30 minutes of waiting we then boarded the SuperCat. It was nice, the air-conditioner is working just fine and the seats were soft and comfortable. It was a three-hour boat ride going to Tagbilaran so we decided to sleep. However in the middle of my very nice sleep I was a awakened by one of the crew as they are going to give us a bottled water. I couldn't sleep after that.  We landed in Bohol past 11 AM. 



Ideally you will save a lot of money if you where in a big group. But we wanted to travel so Bohol on our own pace so I booked an exclusive trip for us and it costs us 2500 for the car rental alone , it includes  an 8 hour trip, port and hotel transfers, gas, and the driver fee but entrance fees, food, etc. are not included. I know it's expensive but I don't want to join the "Joined Tour" because we cannot roam around Bohol at our own pace.




We were picked-up by Kuya Reggie our very nice driver. The car was a red KIA Rio it was just perfect for me and my boyfriend. Our first stop is the Blood Compact. There was no entrance fee, but what bothers me is that, it is surrounded by houses or beach resorts because it is very near the beach. They should have prohibited the place being surrounded by them because it is one of the most significant events in history.







We then decided to take lunch via the Loboc River. It is a long way going Loboc River from the Blood Compact, on our way there, we've seen the old churches of Bohol, I was heartbroken when I saw how the last earthquake ruined those churches. I should've gone there a long time ago. Anyways it was drizzling when we arrived there, Kuya Regie said he will not come with us and will just wait for us in the parking area. We boarded the said boat that contains our buffet lunch plus the tour of the Loboc River. The lunch wasn't a Vikings or Yakimix kind of buffet. It was ok but it's not worth the 500 pesos we paid. What I appreciate the most is the river cruise and the entertainment at the side. They were dancing, singing, playing the Ukelele all for just a donation from the visitors. I felt a little sad because there were grandmother's there singing and playing instead of them just relaxing at home.












We headed back after that and went back to mainland. We then proceeded in the Tarsier sanctuary. There is an entrance fee of 60 pesos each, which includes a post card of the Tarsier. The trail to the tarsier's are slippery because it's raining. Also most of them are hiding in the tress and you can't go very near to them. But before we go back and move to another activity, one tarsier shows it's very big eyes, I am so amazed! i've never seen them before and they were so small, my palm was larger than them but they're eyes are so huge. Also they can do a 360 degrees of rotating their heads so it's kind of creepy though. There was a small souvenir shop but we didn't buy anything from it.














Next stop is the ATV tour around the famous Chocolate Hills. I am so excited with this particular activity because I love riding the it ever since I tried it in Boracay. The 30 minute ATV rental costs 500 pesos each and it will only include two spots where the chocolate hills is exposed in plain clear view. We have our own tour guide and he volunteered to take our videos and pictures. The view was so breathtaking though because we got to be so near the hills. Also our tour guide offer us to take us to the next set of hills event hough we only paid for 2 spots. He said just give him a reasonable tip and we agreed.  After the last stop we headed back and it was kind of fulfilling and rewarding for me, because I got to enjoy the ATV ride with a a gorgeous view.
















Our driver took us to the 2nd to the last stop, the Chocolate Hills View Deck. Again we paid the like a sort of "entrance fee" just like in the ATV ride. It's 50 pesos each I think. The good thing when we got down, it was not drizzling but it's kind of the clouds are very close that day. The view of the Chocolate Hills up there was really amazing! I am in awe of it. I cannot believe that I am seeing it in person when all I don when I was still studying is just to look at them in textbooks. We took a lot of pictures of course.








Our last stop the Man-made Forest of Bohol. It was very picturesque because of the trees all lined up in the highway. I feel like I am in the Twilight movie because of these trees though, LOL! Anyways our driver assist us in taking pictures also for incoming vehicles because as I have said it's along the highway. We didn't take too much time there because it was already getting dark and we have to go to Panglao, where we are checked in.







I fell asleep during the 2 or 3 hours ride, I was only awaken by my boyfriend because we where in front of an ATM machine and we need to pay money to our very kind driver. On our way to our Hotel, it was very bumpy, the road wasn't cemented at all and it was dark, there were a few lights but for me it isn't enough. We've arrived in our hotel, I booked it in Agoda and originally I picked Moon Fools Hotel but for some reason they said Agoda overbooked their room so they are going to transfer us to another hotel when we arrived! The good thing was, I confirmed it first the day before we are going to check in there, and they are offering me a not so convenient hotel. So I raised it up to Agoda and made me picked a hotel based on what's closest to the price of what I originally booked and luckily Ashiyana Resort is available. The only thing that bothers me when we arrived is that the front lawn is also going some repair or construction because the path is also rocky. The hotel was very quiet, the room is warmly lit, the bed is soft so as the pillows. There are toiletries and tons of towel. We rested a bit and headed outside to eat dinner.



There was a shortcut from our hotel to the beach front. But since it is very dark and we didn't know where it is, we took the long way. When we reached the beach front, I was shocked that it was very much like the beach front in Boracay! Where there are a ton of restaurants, establishments and resorts along the shore line. We where enticed with the restaurant where fire dancers are going crazy. I ordered pork skewers and my boyfriend ordered chicken drumsticks I think. Our orders took forever to arrive. It wasn't very tasty but for an empty stomach you will eat anything.  It costs us around 180 each with ice tea so not bad. We headed back to our hotel and decided to sleep in early because we need to wake up at 5am for our Panglao Sea Tour.



My boyfriend trying to be one of the Men of the Nights Watch :p

I will post another one for our sea tour since this blog is getting so long already. So get ready for our Sea Tour on my next post.

EXPENSES DAY 1:
180 - Taxi ride going to Pier 1
1000 - Supercat Fair for Two
50 - Terminal Fee for Two
2500 - Car Rental
1000 - Lunch
120 - Entrance Fee (Tarsier)
1000 - ATV Rental
100 - "Entrance Fee" for the ATV
200 - Tip for the Tour Guide
100 - Entrance fee, View Deck
400 - Dinner
_________________
5,530/2 = 2765 each

***Excluding hotel and air fare










0 comments :

Views