My boyfriend and I decided to have stay cation last holiday in celebration of his birthday. He insisted to stay in H2O Hotel, well beca...

H2O Hotel

Friday, March 25, 2016 Crizelda Santiago 0 Comments



My boyfriend and I decided to have stay cation last holiday in celebration of his birthday. He insisted to stay in H2O Hotel, well because a) he loves fishes and aquariums (they have four aquariums at home) b) we always go to Cartimar and Tiendesitas (as per him it's his stress reliever, whereas my stress reliever is being inside the mall) and c) it his dream to have a bedroom with an aquarium attached to the wall just like in H2O Hotel.





Of course I didn't want to spend so much money just for a night in a hotel in Manila. He said there's a promotion for Get Go Card holders and I happen to have one. So we ended up checking in at the hotel. It's inside the Manila Ocean Park area, the last time I went there I was in college, so I remember very little about the place. I was surprised with a lot of additions in the place, well of course I didn't know the hotel was inside the Ocean Park itself. When we arrived at the lobby, we were accommodated by their receptionist, and alas the promotion was true enough. They asked for the get go card and the reservation name and then we paid the amount of 4,500 pesos from the original price of 10,700 pesos! But breakfast is not included and we wanted to avail their buffet breakfast, so additional 400 pesos each. We opted for the basic room which is the Aqua Room. It was a breezy transaction, very fast and we where then ask to wait for the check-in time of 2 P.M but we are allowed to leave our things behind so we can roam around the area.






When it is time for check-in, the room card was given and we then go and see for ourselves the room we are going to stay in for a night. It was pleasantly and surprisingly roomy and of course the large aquarium was there. There's a TV, a mini ref, a cabinet for our things, a table. Also there is a welcome snack, and it's for free! Also there are the basic stuff like the towels (they smell and look clean, by the way), toiletries,  water, coffee, sugar creamer, electric kettle. And of course the most important of them all, the bed! I love their bed and the pillows ( a lot of them!), the bed is just what I wanted in a bed, I felt I am laying above the clouds, that is how soft and sturdy their bed is. And the pillows too, I just love how fluffy and soft they are yet it doesn't hurt my neck. I can just sleep all day in this bed if I could.










The only thing that concerns me is the cr, the tilet bowl doesn't have a bidet near it, so if there's a call of nature you'll have a hard time having to clean yourself. Also the cr is made of glass like all of it. But overall, the water heater is working all so fine too.





The next day we ate buffet breakfast at Makan Makan Asian Food Village.  I was so not excited on eating a heavy meal for breakfast because I am not a heavy eater in the morning. I tried several of their food like the sausages, rice porridge, potato salad. I must say I don't like most of their food. he taste is like, blah to me especially the rice porridge. I just like their fresh fruits, including the green mango. But what I like are the desserts, they gave justice for the buffet breakfast but for me 400 pesos is not worth it for the taste of the food.



We then headed back to our room to prepare for check out and organize our stuff. I just really wanna just lay there doing nothing like all day. But no, we bought vouchers in Metrodeal to roam around Manila Ocean park - I promise there will be a blog about it soon. We then headed out and checked-out, just like the check-in it was fast and breezy and of course we are allowed to leave our stuff so we can tour around comfortably.








I will definitely go back here well primarily to relax but I just wanted them to improve the Makan Makan Asian Food Village. And to add more restaurants inside the Manila Ocean Park too.

For more information about H2O Hotel, you can visit their website.

Sunset at Manila Bay

0 comments :

Views