"It takes a long time to grow young." - Pablo Picasso Warning, long post ahead...

A year older but a year wiser?

Saturday, February 06, 2016 Crizelda Santiago 0 Comments


"It takes a long time to grow young." - Pablo Picasso



Warning, long post ahead...



February is one of my favorite month not because of Valentines Day but also because it's my birth month! Every year I spend it differently, except  for the dining out part. Ever since I can remember, my mom and I mostly spend my birthday roaming around malls and of course hearing mass.  Then since 2011 we started celebrating it as a family, we went to Baclaran, then went to Mall of Asia. Then came my birthday of 2012, my family decided to go to Tagaytay for my Birthday, we dine out a little in Tagaytay and prepared some food in the house we stayed in. Then my friends and I went to Baguio for my Birthday of 2013. It was very cold that time and we toured a lot around the city too. 

Birthday in MOA 2011 - sorry for the low quality pic :)


Birthday in Tagaytay 2012



Birthday in Baguio 2013


Then came the birthday surprise for 2014, my boyfriend loves surprises, so this is the first birthday that we are together. He surprised me with a cake, a letter and a gift. Of course this left my with tears of joy because this is the first time ever that someone has done this thing to me. I was crying really hard when I read his letter, like waterfalls of tears. We dine out in Vikings MOA well it's because it's a buffet and I get eat for free! I also dine out in Yabu with my family of course.

The Birthday Surprise for 2014

The mandatory singing of Happy Birthday in Vikings

Yabu with my Family and Boyfriend
Came 2015, I have better plans for my birthday. Before the day of my birthday, my office mates went to Yakimix for lunch, it was a treat from one of my office mates, also he spend his money on my cake. Then my boyfriend surprised me again, this time it's 12;00 AM of my birthday. I am so sleepy that night and he said I should wait for my birthday. I said I can't because I'm too sleepy already. Then came a knock on our door, and it was him, carrying a cake and a bouquet of flowers! I thought he wouldn't do that this time because he got my present before my birthday. So yeah, I cried again because of the way he always surprised me. The next day, which is really my birthday, we went to Alabang because I wanted to see Baymax in Yexel's Toy Museum. Before that we went to Sambokojin to eat lunch, again free lunch buffer because it's my birthday. Then we went to the toy museum and I was so giddy and excited especially when I saw Baymax's super gigantic figure. It was a long and tiring day but I enjoyed it. Of course I went out with my family also and dine out in Ramenagi. 

The Birthday Surprise for 2015, sorry for my puffy eyes


Lunch Buffet in Sambokojin

Me and Baemax!

Ramenagi wit my Family and Boyfriend
And this year, this is by far the most epic birthday ever! Well aside from the fact that I have a new job. I also received a ton of blessings and happiness brought by my love ones and friends. At first, my  my mother got me a jewelry set, it’s nothing fancy but I know my Mom, she always gives out the best for us. Then I told my boyfriend that I wanted the MK watch as a birthday gift, he agreed to it so I went to the physical store of The Bag Master in Makati to buy the watch - my friend Danelle also recommended this store.

Jewelry set from  Mommy

MK Watch from my Boyfriend
The night before my birthday, my boyfriend said he will render overtime in the office because he'll be on leave on my birthday, he also said that I should eat dinner and to not wait for him. Then came the 10:00PM, there was a doorbell, we all thought that it was the laundry delivery, I was so engrossed watching TV, then they started singing "Happy Birthday to you..." my boyfriend carrying a very large bouquet of stargazers and a very large cake of Mango Bravo. Again I can't help but cry because I didn't expect him to surprise me again because I already got my gift! 

The Birthday Surprise for 2016 and my teary eyed face

Mango Bravo!

The oh so big bouquet of Stargazers

The next day, we where supposed to hear mass, but we where late dressing up so we decided to have a little pictorial in the building rooftop. I feel like I am in a beauty pageant minus the sash and crown. 

High neck dress from Zalora, shoes from Marks and Spencer


One of my fave shots :)

We then went to SM Aura and drop by in the Chapel to give my gratitude for the overflowing blessings for my birthday. then went to Nui Vikings, again free buffet lunch because it's my birthday. Nothing very special from the regular Vikings, the only difference is the presentation of the food and the overall interior of the place. 

Outside the Chapel



Lunch Buffet in Nui Vikings!

NUI Vikings interior

"Whatcha gon' do with that dessert?"

Then we went to Megamall because we'll have dinner with my family. We were supposed to dine in Din Tai Fung but they won't accept reservations so we just ate in one of my favorite restos, the Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken. My family enjoyed the food, too bad they need to go home immediately because it’s getting late already. 




When I got home, I was surprised by the “Happy Birthday Criz” in the wall c/o my housemates. I also received a gift card from Forever21 from my friend Danelle and Jocs!

The very touching banner from my housemates

Thank you Danelle and Jocs!

 I also forced my Daddy to buy the maroon Lacoste bag, the day before my birthday – because I’ll always be a Daddy’s girl. Also my I forced my brother to buy me the Back to Cool ColourPop Lipstick set from Shopee, last year I literally dragged him in MAC to buy me a lipstick.

Coloupop from my dear Brother 

bag from my Daddy

The next day, I cooked Spaghetti and spring rolls for my housemates and friends. It was a fun dinner, a very fulfilling one too.



P.S. Please find my sash and crown, because I believe that I am confidently beautiful with a heart. Thank you.



0 comments :

Views