This lipstick started my makeup craze. As I’ve said on my first blog I don’t wear makeup everyday but because of the shade I am forced ...

M.A.C Girl About Town Lipstick and Lip Conditioner

Thursday, June 04, 2015 Crizelda Santiago 0 Comments



This lipstick started my makeup craze. As I’ve said on my first blog I don’t wear makeup everyday but because of the shade I am forced to wear blush on, then foundation and the list goes to whatever makeup is available out there. And by the way, M.A.C stands for Make-up Art Cosmetics, fyi for the those who didn’t know like me.


I decided to visit the M.A.C store in SM Aura just to try their lipsticks but ended buying one. I ask the very accommodating staff for a suggestion, and she suggested the Girl About Town – Amplified shade because it is in the Top 10 bestsellers. As a first timer I ask her to put it on my lips – before putting the lipstick, she applied a lip conditioner because she said my lips are very dry (uhmm thanks?), then I said I’d be back to think about buying it. After a lot of convincing and self-confidence I decided to come back and buy it. And I also ended up buying the Lip Conditioner the staff put on earlier before she applied the lipstick – because my lips are always dry, all year round.


Girl About Town (photo via M.A.C website)


Lip Conditioner  (photo via M.A.C website)

I didn’t regret buying them most especially the Lip Conditioner.  I usually wear the lipstick on weekdays because I think the shade is too pink and bright for everyday use. But the lip conditioner, I use it every day, twice or thrice a day and I love that my lips are not so dry anymore like before. Plus I feel that my lips are softer.

Lip Conditioner and Girl About Town Lispstick



What I love about the Lip Conditioner:
  • It really conditions my lips, and my lips are not super dry anymore
  • My lips are smoother and softer, the lipstick glides smoothly when I apply it
  • It is absorb easily on the first application

I know it is very expensive for its price of PHP 1000 but the 15mL tube lasts for months, I still have mine – I bought it last January and I think I am just half way through it and I use it every day. So if you’re dry lips bugs you, try this, I promise it will be worth it and you’ll stop hoarding lip balms every now and then (trust me the struggle is real because I used to buy different kinds of lip balms but none of them works – well until the M.A.C lip conditioner though ).

What I love about the Girl About Town Lipstick
  • It’s very pink (Bright Blue Fuschia via the M.A.C website)
  • It blends with my skin color
  • The finish is Amplified Creme meaning they have creamy, pigmented and glossy appearance (info via web)


Again it is expensive for a lipstick (PHP 1000) but for me it’s worth it, this lipstick is one of my favorites so far and I think when this runs out I will definitely buy this shade again.

Photo using Girl About Town Lipstick

Photo using Girl About Town Lipstick



M.A.C cosmetics are available in major shopping malls in the metro. You can check their website for a complete list of branches.

0 comments :

Views