As mentioned and promised in my previous blog about Real Techniques Brush , here is you can check if you have an authentic or fake Real Tec...

How to check if you have an authentic or fake Real Techniques Brush?

Thursday, September 15, 2016 Crizelda Santiago 2 Comments

As mentioned and promised in my previous blog about Real Techniques Brush, here is you can check if you have an authentic or fake Real Techniques Brush.



I bought this one first before purchasing from Sephora. You see I have doubts the very first time I saw them because I also read a blog about it. I have to go back to the same spot where this is located three times just to convince myself to buy it. After several convincing and checking out the blog I read on how to spot it, I bought it. I didn't use it right away because I am waiting for the same brush in Sephora. If they are the same, it means that the one I bought in a well-known department store is not a fake and I can sell it to my friends who wanted the same brush. When my package from Sephora arrived I checked it out immediately and compared them And to may dismay, the one I bought in the mall was a FAKE! I hate it when people do this things just to make a business out of it.

The first thing that is very obvious is the packaging

  • The one I bought from Sephora has the black lining while the fake one has white. 
  • Also the way the logo of the packaging was very different.
  • The back packaging is different too, I don't think they are the same girls on the picture 
  • Also the way they describe the brush is different too




Next one is the color of the brush and the size

  • As you can see the real brush comes in a lighter pink shade while the fake one comes in a very bright pink
  • Also the real brush is shorter than the fake one, not very obvious at firs but as you loo at it and compared them side by side it's noticeable

The brittles 

  • The real brush has a more compact bristles and as seen in the picture the real ones have slimmer brush head as a whole
  • The fake one has a bulky bristles and it is most likely loose than the real one
  • Also the real one has shorter bristles but the white part is longer. The fake one has longer bristles but the white part is shorter than the real ones


The handle 

  • They almost have the same handles, but the real ones has a rubbery feel the fake ones have the plasticky feel
  • The logo on the brush is also different, the real brush logo is spread more while the fake ones have denser logo
  • Same goes to to the name of the brush, they are very different in terms of the spacing of the letters




I returned the fake brush I bought from this department store, good thing there's a refund but the downside is I need to use it, right there and then or else it will be forfeited. I learned my lesson though, just trust Sephora to carry original brushes because I cannot imagine the harm it may cause to my face using the fake one.



2 comments :

  1. Hi,

    I don't mean to be disrespectful or imply that you're lying, but I don't think you got a fake one.

    First off, on the RT website, you can check where you can buy their brushes from authorized sellers internationally. You should check to see if you can find the department store you bought it from.

    Even if it's not there, it could still be an original brush and they are just reselling.

    Onto the packaging, if you go to the RT website and click on the stippling brush, you can see one of the pictures is of the brush inside its packaging. The package has white lining with faded pink on the bottom. The name and logo are the same. In fact, the whole front is the same. I don't know about the back, but both pictures of the girls are of Sam and Nic. You can Google them.

    The writing on the brush handle is also OK. On the homepage of the RT website, you can see pictures up close of some of the brushes at the top and the writing and name look identical.

    I don't know about the exact same color, because I know that RT has changed the color of the handle of their brushes so that could explain the difference.

    The only thing that would bother me is the difference in the bristles.

    Also I'm not saying that the one you got from Sephora is a fake. It's not, I just think it's the old packaging and the old version of the brush and that would explain the difference of the color packaging, type of logo, and color of handles.

    I don't own the RT stippling brush, so I think the only way to know if the one you got from the mall is a fake, is to buy the new version of the stippling brush from authorized sellers. That way you can compare the bristles, because the rest of your observations are not valid.

    I read your post because I saw it on the RT Facebook page and I'm in a similar situation. I bought the starter set and the expert face brush from an unauthorized seller. Double the price. And now I'm feeling paranoid that they may be fake. And I wanted to see if your post could help me but it's not enough. Let me know if you do a follow up and find out if the one you thought was a fake actually is a fake.

    Me, I've learned my lesson and I have recently ordered some brushes from the RT website, it's actually cheaper, including delivery, and it doesn't make me paranoid. I'm just waiting for them to get here.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa,

      Thank you for your feedback. I also respect all your opinions about this post. But all I'm saying is there are a ton of fake ones especially in malls where everything is bargain and is half the price with the exact packaging with the one I got from the "trusted" Mall.

      I trust Sephora so I don't think I got a fake one from them. I understand that you are comparing it to the one in RT's site. But what I just did is compare what I got from the mall and Sephora which is way too different.

      I cannot order direct from RT's website because of the very very high shipping fee here in the Philippines, that is why the next best thing is to order from Sephora.

      Anyways I'll try to email RT if the Mall I bought the brush from is their authorized seller because the last time I checked it is not in their list. And I'll get back to you or update this post.

      Thank you for your honest opinions, I appreciate it very much and I hope I can help you on my future posts. :)

      Delete

Views