A merry tradition indeed I can't believe it's now November! It's almost Christmas. And I still have a ton of things to do ...

Starbucks Philippines Christmas Grand Launch #SparkTheSpirit

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 Crizelda Santiago 0 Comments

A merry tradition indeed

I can't believe it's now November! It's almost Christmas. And I still have a ton of things to do especially my favorite, shopping! Anyways I attended the launch of the Starbucks Christmas goodies at SM Megamall last November 2, 2015. Too bad it's not anymore in Glorietta like they did last year and it's not on a weekend also. But it doesn't stop me from attending this one time event. This maybe my yearly activity like the MYOH (Make Your Own Havaianas).


My ticket to the amazing tradition of the year!
I've been collecting the Starbucks Planner since 2010, well number one being is that I started working and paying my own coffee then and every year I tell myself that this will be the last time I will collect them. But every year also I ate everything I said and started collecting them again. Because I just can't resist the designs every year! I hate myself for the lack of self control!


This is me and my friend Johnel during last years event

So I went there with my brother - but he didn't join me on the actual event. I waited for the line just like last year for the purchasing of the Starbucks Merchandise. I bought a tumbler, which I think I will give it away as a Christmas present because I have to many tumblers already and I don't use them all at once. Just like last year, there a booths where you can win special Starbucks merchandise when you won a particular game. Also there's a photo booth and of course the booth for a free tall hand craft beverage which featured their new Christmas blend the Panettone Latte which for taste is a bit strong so I'm gonna opt for my Toffee Nut Latte.

Some of the Starbucks merchandise being sold during the event

The very cheerful crew of Starbucks

The program started around 5 PM, but we were allowed in the event area before 5 PM so we have the chance to play around the booths. I started with station #1, which is like pick up sticks. Too bad I didn't won the bigger prices instead I get a green pen - is this a sign that I need to have the green planner? Then I proceeded with station #2 which is like a treasure box thingy, you will open a lock with too many keys and if you open it within 20 seconds you get a bag of Starbucks Beans. I luckily open one easily and of course I get to have a bag of coffee beans! I proceeded to the photo booth, I also have to ask the people there to take a picture of me using my own camera. And then I got my free Panettone Latte Tall Beverage.


Here we go to the first station!

And just like that, you get to have a Starbucks Merchandise

The list of prizes
On to the second station!
Got to unlock the Starbucks Treasure!

And these amazing prizes awaits us!
Got to taste the Christmas Panettone Frappucino :)


I did join the Ginger Bread House Design contest, it will cost you 100 pesos to join and the proceeds will go to one of Starbucks partner NGOs. So yes I participated even though I know in my heart that I don't have an artistic bone in me. So as expected it didn't turn out beautifully like the others did, but God knows I really tried.


My not so merry Ginger Bread House :)

Then the show started, I didn't have the chance to sit down because it was a full house. So I stand over in one of the tables and focused my attention to the program. We were entertained with different singers and of course the Host - Justin Quirino of 99.5FM. I really like his hosting style and his humorous way of entertaining the audience. And I find him really good looking! Just like when I saw him last year in the same event, my eyes sparkled upon seeing him LOL!

The Acoustic Indulgence in action

And Justin Quirino is on!

My favorite part is where the Acoustic Indulgence sang Lost Stars! I really love that song and I love their version of it. I can't help but sing along with them. Also one of the highlights of the program are the raffles and games. But most anticipated raffle item, is of course the 2016 Mole Skin Planner! They have given away 8 Planners, sadly I wasn't picked so yes better luck next time.

It's a full house!

Some of the yummy treats during the event

Overall I enjoyed the event just like last year. I love the sweet treats they have given us, the free flowing Starbucks Christmas Blends that is being passed around, the cool prizes and of course the entertaining factor that this event gave it's audience. So thank you Starbucks for bringing us not just the prizes but also a tradition to welcome to the most wonderful time of the year! Cheers!

I hope I did get the photo magnet but well I just opted for the print out

My shameless photo holding on to the three Christmas Blend!

Some of the cool games during the event

Some of the cool games during the event


Some of the cool games during the event




The 2016 Planners, I want the smaller one but I am confused with the red and black colors (Photo via Starbucks Philippines FP Page)


0 comments :

Views